1. I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute but in that minute I will do the very best that I can.
2. Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
3. If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl and then I rest and live to fight another day.
4. I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
5. I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
6. I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in victory I don’t earn?
7. The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
8. I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat and the deadlift. Just as there are a million ways to make chicken, so too are there a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up and deadlift.
9. I will give everything I have and then I will find more within myself.
10. I don’t complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11.232 babies born in the US everyday. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
11. I will bite off challenges, spit out results and beg for more.